Puzzle with Me™ therapeutic solutions allow caregivers, friends, and family to spend more quality time with individuals living with Alzheimer’s and dementia. Our Alzheimer’s and dementia puzzles create opportunities to connect, communicate and engage.
Puzzle with Me™ is designed as a one-on-one activity to Solve it…Together. From our own experience and feedback from professionals dedicated to working with Alzheimer’s and dementia, the following suggestions may be helpful.
- Suggest the activity, present the puzzle, and hold pieces in your hand.
- Puzzle with Me ™ is designed to be worked together.
- As you work together to put the pieces of the puzzle in place, offer assistance. Helping to place the pieces begins the engagement.
- Do not be discouraged if this experience is brief. Each use of Puzzle With Me™ and the different images will be unique. Some sessions may be more productive and last longer than others.
- Encourage conversation about the picture and provide guidance. “Let’s try this piece here.” Share your own feelings, “What a pretty picture.”
- Focus the conversation on the progress being made. “We are doing a great job!”
- Celebrate the small victories!
- Do not criticize or correct. This is an opportunity to connect through a positive experience with dignity and respect.
- Puzzle With Me™ was not created to improve memory function, but instead to provide an opportunity to Solve it….Together.